Thursday, November 11, 2010

Pictorial Manual = Idiocy cured

I’m an idiot. Sigh. I am. I won’t go into the details, but I had forgotten a small but enormously important step in bookbinding. Thankfully, although embarrassingly, someone is looking out for me. I recently visited my local printer to pick up bookmarks. While there, the owner (who is rarely seen in the front) came out and exclaimed, “Oh! I have something for you!” She scurried off and then returned with a book. “I’d like you to have this,” she told me and handed me the book: Pictorial Manual of Bookbinding. It includes photographs and excellent illustrations of the steps in bookbinding. When I began to look through the book, I discovered instructions for the aforementioned forgotten step. The only thing more obvious would have been if David had dropped the book on my head. Oh, David – I was paying attention to your lessons, I promise. I stand with my head bowed, tail between my legs. I will get better, and you can bet I will never ever forget this step. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment