Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Bookbinding Day 1

Bookbinding – Day 1
I’ve chosen September 1 as Day 1 of serious official bookbinding. The equipment is not exactly organized and ready to go. The guillotine is still in my garage. But I have to start sometime, so September 1 sounds good to me. I felt like a kid on the first day of school this morning. I got up on time, did my morning routine (feed the dogs, get coffee, eat breakfast, read, shower, etc) and got out the door. I needed to be in Park Rapids by 8AM this morning for a meeting. I arrived at 7:30. No small feat for a habitually late person. I feel antsy. I want to run downstairs, roll up my sleeves, and get my hands on paper, boards, and glue. I have to wait. I have a schedule. 8:00 meeting, work the bookstore sales floor from 8:30-12. Eat lunch and do office work from 12-2, THEN I can go downstairs, change clothes, and get to bookbinding. I’m not sure I can wait, but on the other hand, I’m not entirely sure what I’ll do once I get down there. I’m counting on David (my bookbinding mentor who “got his wings” in July) to guide me.

No comments:

Post a Comment