Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Smells Like a Bindery

Over Labor Day weekend, my dad and I did more work in the bindery. We put up the racks that hold rolls of fabrics and mounted a peg board to hold tools. I have to admit, once the peg board was up and I started arranging the tools on the board, I had a flash of understanding for “garage putterers”. You know who I mean, those people who spend hours in the garage doing who knows what. Well I think I know what, they’re in love with their space, tools, and the potential. I am too. The best part of the weekend was the moment I stood at the top of the stairs (the bindery is in the basement of Beagle Books), about to descend and realized it smells like David’s down there. It smells like a book bindery. I wonder if someday I’ll smell like the bindery??

No comments:

Post a Comment