Tuesday, September 14, 2010

For Real!

On Saturday, a man stopped into Beagle Books. "You're getting into bookbinding, right?" he asked. I replied, with complete calm (of course), that I am. He had planned to take a couple books over to Detroit Lakes and have David (my mentor) repair the books, but he waited too long. When he saw the article in the Nevis paper about my taking over the binding business, he decided to come on in. (YAY!!!!!!!) He gave me his name and phone number (while I commanded my hand: Don't shake, don't shake, don't shake), and said he would return in the next couple days with the books. When I stopped in at Beagle on Monday, there were two books in need of repair waiting for me! I was elated! Then I looked closer, one of the books, a dictionary, is five and one-half inches thick - HOLY &*!@! It must be an unabridged dictionary including slang, prefixes, and a few other things. But what the heck, why not start with a challenge, right? (But pray for me anyway, please. PLEASE).

No comments:

Post a Comment