Friday, September 3, 2010

Bookbinding Day Two

Today will be Bookbinding Day TWO. I had to be bookstore manager all day yesterday. Day One was back-breaking and magical. I felt a bit overwhelmed by ALL the tools I didn’t know…. And then, I came upon a knife I used many times with David. I knew EXACTLY what it was for (scraping the old glue off bindings). To be honest, I expected David to be a bit more present than he was, but upon finding that knife, it felt like he was telling me, “I’m here, I’m not going to do everything for you – you have to do that yourself, but I’m here.” Ok, fine. My other concern was being able to get set up fast enough that I can start working on products to put on the sales floor. I found a box with books that David repaired and were ready to sell. It’s not a lot of books, but it’s enough to put out for sale. Again, I think David will help, but he’s certainly not going to do it all for me. Day One began at 2:00 and ended at 5:00. At 2:00, I thought to myself, “It’s not enough time!!” By 4:48, with an aching back, I thought, “What was I thinking? This was too long for Day One.” So here comes Day Two….wonder what treasures I’ll find today.

No comments:

Post a Comment